Friday, May 29, 2009

Concussion

My dog got a concussion last night. The poor puppy dog. C was outside throwing rocks off of our yard. Buckie was by the barn and as soon as C threw this one rock he saw it was going to hit Buckie. C yelled look out Buckie. So Buckie stopped what he was doing and looked up and watched this rock hit him in the head. He yelped and took off running.

C felt really bad and took him in our house to check him out. Then he started walking in big circles and started throwing up. After the third time C called the vet and by the time he was off the phone and went to get our poor puppy he had thrown up 4 more times. The vet gave him 3 shots and one of the shots the vet had to shave Buckie's leg so he could put it in his vein to stop his brain from swelling. C told me because it was after hours at the vet he charged an automatic $80.00. So I was expecting a huge $500 bill. So when he told me the total was only $164 I was relieved, it wasn't anywhere close to what I was expecting to pay.

They had just gotten home from the vet's when I got home. Buckie just laid in the chair for the rest of the evening. He got up to drink a little before we headed to bed. I'm sure he just doesn't feel good but this morning he wouldn't even eat the piece of ham I was trying to give him:( I hope he feels better when I get home from work.

No comments: