Thursday, April 30, 2009

I wish I had my camera

Yesterday, on the radio, I heard about a riding lawn mower for sale for $300. C. n' I have been looking for one for our big backyard. We called and set up an appointment to go see it last night. We took Buckie with us. When we got there we left Buckie in the truck and went to check out the mower. It turned out to be junk. It had 3 flat tires, the blades were bad, It needed new housings for the blades, which the guy told us would cost $80. Definitely not worth it.

However, as we were walking back to our vehicle they let their dogs out of the house. They have 2 poodles the same color as Buckie, Apricot. They were telling us that they were going to stop breeding their dogs because of age. We remembered that the people we bought our dog from also lived in Wyoming. We then asked them if they ever took their puppies to Idaho Falls to sell them. They said yes. We then told them that we bought our dog from them. We let him out of the truck to see if Buckie would remember them or if they would remember him. It didn't seem like either of the parties recognized each other.

It was fun to see the resemblance. Buckie gets his face from his mom, and his under bite from his dad. It didn't appear that he got his funny ears from either of them though. I wish I had had my camera to get a picture of the 3 of them together. Buckie was definitely cuter though. I didn't like the way that their dogs were groomed.

No comments: