Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Horses

If your going to own any kind of animal I think you should do your homework and know a little about that kind of animal. However, common sense comes into play when you want to catch said animal please don't try to do so by throwing rocks and sticks at them.

Last night C n I went into our backyard to try to decide where we are going to plant the fruit trees that we just ordered. While we were out there we looked down into the field and saw the horses all stirred up. So we watched them to try and figure out what was going on and we saw 2 ladies down there throwing rocks at the horses! That made us mad since our horses are down there too. We didn't see any cars in our driveway so we had no idea who it was.

Side note. C's uncle keeps his 20 horses down there and he and his grand kids are allowed and do park in our driveway to go and ride the horses. Another side note. In the field next to ours there were 2 horses and the owner, K, never fed them or attempted to feed them through the winter. We can't stand to see the horses with their ribs sticking out so we opened the gate between our 2 fields and we fed them all winter long.

On Monday the fence broke in the other field so we put all of the horses in our field and closed all of the gates. Well because we had done this K decided to try and catch her 2 horses, a mare and an almost 2 year old colt and separate them from our horses. That is who was down in the field and who was trying to catch her 2 horses by throwing rocks at ours! I couldn't believe it.

We have a corral between 2 fields and they said they were trying to get the horses into there so they would have a smaller area to work, instead of a 5 acre field. I opened the gate and C went down by the horses and the 2 ladies showed him which 2 were theirs and then tried to round them up but they didn't care about the other horses and horses always follow, if you let one past you they will all get past you to be with the one. C then came walking back over to me and I told him to watch Buckie and I was steaming at this point. I walked the whole 5 acres and when I passed the 2 ladies I asked if the only way they would be able to catch them would be if they were in the corral. They said yes. So I went and got behind all of the horses and started yelling at them to get moving.

They all started heading up to the corrals and when I passed the ladies with all of the horses going in the direction I wanted them to they asked in amazement and between puffs of cigarettes if I was the one that always rounded up the horses. I told them no even angrier that they were smoking on my property with kids in a car just on the other side of the fence. Sorry I hate cigarettes. I then pushed them up and they tried to turn once but luckily C and Buckie were there and yelled at them and they went right in. We then let all the other horses out the other side forgetting that the gate to our backyard was open. So they caught one horse and hoped the colt would follow and they led them through the gate and into the field that we had just blocked off. I went up to chase the stupid horses out of my backyard, the one we just planted grass on.

Then they left. They just let their horses go. Which I know they will never associate again with, at least they didn't work with them at all last summer so I don't know why this summer will be different. That and since they aren't being worked with I don't think they will even be able to catch them again. After all of this they didn't even say Thank you. Some people. We told C's dad and he said that it doesn't surprise him because that is how the whole family is.

Please, if your going to own a pet take care of it.

No comments: