Friday, March 27, 2009

Volleyball

As many of you know, I play city league volleyball. We played in the fall this last year and we will be playing in the fall for years to come now because the league has gotten so big we have to have A & B league play in separate season's so all of the teams can play.
This last year R. the person who was in charge, the person who does all of the scheduling, and takes care of everything came up to me and asked if I would be interested in being in charge of B league this next year. I told her yes and we talked for a while and right before she left she said that she would think about who she would have in charge and let me know.
About a month ago I was picking up pizza and the waitress, who also plays volleyball asked me when we were going to start volleyball this next year. She had heard that I was going to be in charge this year! I was a little shocked and said that that was news to me. Still no word from R. Well I just got a phone call from A. the person who is in charge of A league. She had just talked to R. and she told her that I was taking over. It surprised me. I then sent R. an email. She just sent one back with a little instruction and now I'm in charge. I'm a little nervous but I'm also excited. I know I'll get a little grief from other teams, some of them really don't like playing in the fall. We went from 14 teams the year before to 9 this last year. But, I have talked with A. and we decided that there is no way that B league could be in the spring because of the many sports that go on in the spring, basketball, indoor track.
So this has helped me overcome my horrible mood. It seems that everyone in my family is getting pregnant and I'm not so I've been having a good pity party. But now I'm glad I'm not because that would put me due right as tournaments would be starting. So YEAH for me!! I'm always amazed at how my Savior, if asked, will provide a distraction for me so that I can be a happy person.

No comments: