Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 3

I was excited for today. We went kayaking from Santa Cruz to San Marcos. We then hiked back to Santa Cruz. The kayaking was fun. The water was just the right temperature.


Look at that view. There were 3 volcanoes surrounding Lake Atitlan.


This is the group of us that hiked back.


We thought it was going to be an easy trail to hike. I wore flip flops to kayak in because I didn't want my shoes wet and I also didn't want blisters from hiking in wet shoes.




We soon found out that an "easy hike" was not going to be so easy.



Try climbing down that in sandals.


We don't look too worse for the wear though. Lunch at this hotel was the best food we had had thus far on the trip.



1 comment:

Sasha said...

I'm so glad you got to go kayaking! That is one activity I wanted to do when we were in Kauai but didn't get a chance too-hopefully next time!