Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Growing up Memorial Day didn't mean a whole lot to me. I didn't really know anyone that had passed on, I did have a grandpa but we didn't go to his grave every year, I don't recall going to very many cemeteries growing up. Well Memorial Day means a lot more to me now. We spend it every year with C's family. We usually go fishing, it was too rainy this year, Then C's sister in-law gathers wild flowers on our way out and then we go visit C's brother and sister's grave sites. It is always a reminder of how short life really is and that we need to celebrate the life that we have. C's brother died 2 months before his 30Th birthday and his sister died at the age of 24. It helps me to remember how blessed C and I have been with his health. It is great to remember them. I didn't know C's brother but his sister was awesome. We lived next to her when we first got married.
I know the holiday is for the wonderful Veterans that have served to help me live in this wonderful land. Thank you for your service. I'm also glad for this wonderful holiday to help us reminisce about the wonderful people in our lives that we knew and who has passed on.

No comments: