Monday, May 19, 2008

Gardening

Wow, Have you ever tried to shovel and move 27 TONS of Topsoil? It is not an easy task. Since I work at a gravel pit, I delivered 2 truckloads of topsoil to my house on Friday. We were wanting to plant our garden on Saturday. Well I decided we have made ourselves a huge garden plot 28'x23'. Trying to spread 1 of the piles of topsoil took us 4 hours to shovel and rake trying to level it out. Then luckily C's dad came over and suggested using one of the old farm equipment tools. Wow it was awesome. It spread the second load out in a matter of minutes. Boy was I glad he showed up. Today my arms and back muscles hurt from moving so much dirt. After all of that we still had to spread the soil conditioner out and then till the garden. Sorry to say we didn't get the garden planted. But the spot looks awesome.

No comments: