Saturday, February 21, 2009

1 Year


1 year ago C and I decided to get a dog. I had been having a really hard time emotionally about not being able to have any children yet. We had been married for seven and a half years. C decided that we should go to the temple and get some much needed inspiration. We left on a friday and we got into a great session in the temple. Then we grabbed some dinner and we stayed the night at a hotel.

On saturday we decided to do a little shopping before we went home. We went to walmart and right as we turned into the parking lot there was a little boy holding a sign "Puppies for sale" C asked if we could look at them. They were so cute. Pure bred Toy Poodles. That is the breed of dog we had agreed we would get if we ever had a dog because they don't shed and they aren't so big that they bowl you over when they greet you.

I wasn't sure I wanted a dog. However, my excuse to C. was always that we didn't have a place for one. We had always lived in apartments. They just weren't allowed. Well, we had just gotten into our new house and I no longer had an excuse. I was also in an emotional state so I said yes. Buckie just jumped right up to C. and it was a done deal. It was the best thing we could have done. I know that my Heavenly Father showed me that weekend that he truly loves me and will help me out in unexpected ways. Buckie has been such a joy in our lives. He is spoiled but is a very good dog. Some of the tricks he can do is speak, sit, lay, roll over, put 'em up, and play dead. Buckie thanks for coming to our home.

1 comment:

The Spencer Family said...

What an awesome story! We had a toy poodle when we lived in Osino and I agree, they are one of the most wonderful dogs. I love the no shedding and that they are allergy free (can't think of the word.) They are so loyal and friendly too! HOW FUN!!