Thursday, September 25, 2008

Canning!!

YES!!!! I'm finally done with my Canning. I have bottled and bottled fruits, vegetables, and juice for the last month. It seems like that is all I've been doing every night I get home from work. It is really hard to bottle and have a full time job. Poor C had been neglected on dinner for a while. I'm glad we had a storage of cereal though and that C really doesn't mind eating that for dinner. In all, I have bottled 24 pints of strawberry jam, 48 quarts of peaches, 31 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 40 quarts of apple juice, 7 quarts of pears, and 11 quarts of pear juice. When plums and grapes come on I will have to juice them also but for now I get a break. YEAH!!!

2 comments:

Austin said...

Holy Canning! You should be good for a while. You can take a couple years off.

The Spencer Family said...

WOW! Sounds like you had your hands full and now your shelves are full too! You go girl!!